Sunday, October 29, 2006

Randomness

# I watched Sholay. Finally. Yeah, all you people who gaped in disbelief when I said I haven’t yet seen it, and all of you who said my life so far was a waste because I hadn’t watched it – I have finally seen Sholay.

# How can a plywood company advertise itself with the slogan “Powered by nature”? Cutting down trees is being powered by nature? Saw that ad on an auto.

# How many lifetimes will I take to visit every city, every town, every village in the world? See all the great rivers, see all of India, the rain forests, the European countryside, the beaches of the Caribbean. Oh and, who will sponsor me for this world tour?

4 comments:

Abhipraya said...

Ok that's one off your list :-)

And when you find that sponsor pl. do drop my name too.

Kannan said...

Isn't the plywood ad more like (we) print journalists crying loud about greenhouse gas emissions and the disappearing forest cover

Whizkid said...

hey, but you never told us what you felt about Sholay. That film its not just about watching, you know.

die hard Sholay fan.

Sav said...

Sajana,
Enjoyed every minute of Sholay! Relished each of those much-familiar Gabbar dialogues, placed the water tank scene (which i had seen in isolation many a time) in context, sang along, and sighed at the end :)