Friday, January 25, 2008

How desperate can (some) men get?

There are oh so many of those scary emails that tell you how careful you have to be when you go out partying. And in oh so many ways. Don't do this, don't do that, this happened to this girl in this city, something else happened to that girl in that city. Here is my addition to the list:
If you are a girl, and if you are at a restaurant/pub/disc, and if you need to go to the loo, and if you have a girl friend with you, please take her along.

Last weekend, San and I were at this rather hep lounge bar in city with another couple. Several songs later, the place was closing for the night, and we were leaving and I took a quick trip to the loo. I open the door to the women's loo and what do I find? A man sprawled on the floor, peeping into one of the stalls through the small ventilation panel at the bottom of the door. The daze that I was in kind of snapped as I wondered whether he is the cleaning boy blowing dust off the door. That couldn't be. So then one shouted -- what the hell was he doing? The chap mumbled something about how he was looking for his friend and said "It's ok, I will wait outside."
I was such a dull head then that I actually bought the story and thought there really weren't anyone in the stalls. And just then one babe walked out of the stall, called out to her friend who was in the other, who also walked out soon, and they left. And I gaped...

Long and short of the story is, no matter where you are, if you are going to the loo and if you have a friend with you, please get her to accompany you...

7 comments:

NG said...

Thanks for accepting that you are a dull head.

NG/Mumbai

Sav said...

NG, take a walk!!

Sandhya Menon said...

Is that the best NG can do? And NG since when did Mumbai become your last name? :P SAV, I resent not being invited to sanil's birthday bash! :(

Sav said...

Quill, teehee! :)
and there was no bash planned, you see. there were just three of us, sanil, me and his brother. till midnight, that is. and then we had surprise visitors :) as much surprise for me as for sanil :)

NG said...

Who the hell is this therestlessquill?

He/she has forgot to see the forward slash between NG and Mumbai.

Sandhya Menon said...

YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. still the same NG... so now you're last name is /Mumbai!

What's up old friend? Am I still getting roses for valentine's day.. and savi too? :D

NG said...

okay, it is SGM.