Monday, August 07, 2006

Anger

This Reuters report about the "wall of fury" in Philippines came out sometime in March. I thought of it today when I listened to a friend as she narrated an incident of "why do you want to file a complaint against him, it will be troublesome, let him be, forget what happened to you, you should have been more careful". And I felt such anger towards that man, for his perversion, his insolence, and the fact that he could actually get away with what he had done, the fact that at least 10 others thought it was best to take the easier way out by letting him off without any charges so that he could carry on with his dirty business elsewhere. "At least we won't have to deal with it."

The anger was painful. I wanted to punch that man as hard as I could, over and over again. I was restless, my palms itched. But what do you, apart from clenching your fist and cursing?

I need to smash a few plates.

1 comment:

Abhipraya said...

When you are throwing the plates at a wall, make sure the buggars are pinned to the wall.