Saturday, September 30, 2006

This car is backing up

When will it occur to someone that these backing-up music of cars/lorries/vans/bullock carts must be banned?

I wake up everyday to a medley of this irritatingly high-pitched noise. A truck in the neighbouring compound trying ot get itself out. See, it is a large empty ground. I have not yet discovered why the truck's driver needs to shift to reverse gear so many times to get it out of there. And each time, the Airtel jingle is flung out into the world. Why isn't AR Rehman protesting? Doesn't he realise how bad his tune sounds when it comes at as a sad string of beeps through loud and jarring speakers? Anyway, if that doesn't wake me up, there is plenty of choice. As in, I can choose what music irritates me the most and wake up to that. Because shortly will follow a version of Neele neele ambar par. Which will be followed by two other versions of the Airtel jingle. And then will come the Happy birthday song. Which will be followed by Raghupati raghava raja ram and Vandemataram. Why bother about anniversaries of songs and Gandhi Jayantis and so on? We can sing it everyday as many times as we want to reverse! So anyway, all these songs play in the morning, in this sequence, everyday. And in reverse order at night. What joy.

Oh, at 4 this morning I was treated to a Tamil song. I hope that car doesn't decide to stay on in this area.

2 comments:

Abhipraya said...

I wake up to similar assortment of back up noise everyday. Today for the first time in six months I didn't hear anything. I woke up peacefully at my own time wondering if people had suddenly realised what a pain they have been. But that was not to be. There were no cars backing up cos there's no where to go. Thanks to Karnataka Bandh!!!

Anonymous said...

Finally I've done it...logged onto ur blogspot n read through some of them.And am i impressed or not!! Savs i cudn't agree wt u more on the backing up tunes (like hello tunes). Never understood the logic and never cud stand those tunes. It's high time we learnt to drive our way or back-up in silence...!!