Monday, July 10, 2006

Domestication

Abhipraya pointed me to this hilarious post. Story of our lives, isn't it? Domesticating myself was difficult enough, when I realised I would also be responsible for domesticating and home-training the husband.

Which reminds me of a theory of mine... Why do you think the elders insist on marriage? They have learned from experience that managing a husband is very very similar to managing a child. So if one is married at least for a year before having kids, one knows what to expect from the kid. Managing the husband becomes practical lessons on how to bring up the kid.

Good no? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I so agree about managing husbands/boyfriends (hate that word) being equal to managing kids.

a

Anonymous said...

hey sav, how come your other full (hee hee hee, sounds like liquor, nevertheless this wasn't supposed to be a substitute for the stupid usage "other/better half") does not post anything on the blog?

a

Abhipraya said...

So effectively we women have no hopes of having mature adults for company once we reach marriagable age eh?

Sav said...

a: I have tried pleading and then threatening. But nothing has worked so far. Now he is the one pleading -- that he not be kicked out of the blog. :)

Abhipraya: That's what girl friends are for :)