Sunday, June 04, 2006

City of clones

Every time I walk down Brigade Road or MG Road, or contemplate plunging into the sea of humanity at one of the malls, it hits me: They all look the same.

That girl there with ironed out straight hair and perfectly shaped eyebrows and painted red lips is no different from this girl here with straight hair and perfectly shaped eyebrows and painted red lips. Are they all made the same way these days, or is there a conspiracy among beauty parlours to make all women look the same?

Or is it that they all want to look the same? One day you find that one straight-haired girl has decided to get her hair coloured. You sigh in relief: Ah, there is at least one that I can now identify. And then next day you see all those straight-haired babes have gone and coloured their hair.

Sigh... I am bad enough in relating a face to a name -- it's all a huge unorganised pile up there in my brain. And doesn't look like things are going to be any easier.

And hey, no offence meant to all the straight-haired women out there! All in good spirit :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, finally someone gets my point. I always say bangloreans all (that's excluding my friends, thankfully! and rightly so)look like they've come from an assembly line production.

a